Wednesday, July 16, 2008

thunderstorm part 2

I know, I know, rain is not news, everywhere. Here in NM, while other places are getting flooded, we often do without. This summer seems kind of like a miracle of water. The rains took a pause for about a week. Ron got the grass mowed, at least in the front yard. I kept looking at the clouds, rolling up over the Organ mountains thinking that it was just teasing me. No matter how rainy those clouds looked it was not meant to be.

Then, about 7 PM, a big fat juicy drop plopped here, and another one there, and pretty soon it was coming down. Faster, then slower, straight pelting down, those juicy drops of wet. And as if that weren't enjoyment enough, (and Carl had even rolled his windows up!) the thunder and the lightening began. It never really got worrisome close, although we did shut the computers off for a bit, but OH! the lightshow. The sun peeking through the clouds just a bit at sunset, giving the world that rose-colored glow for a few minutes. Then as the darkness drew in, the lightening began. No one could orchestrate that better than nature! I sat in my bedroom for a while and watched through my new french windows. Now THAT's what I'm talking about.

No comments: