Thursday, July 24, 2008

small victories

Well, a little bit of exercise has crossed my path, and I took it. Walking around the block with Raine pleases both of us. She gets to ride her tricycle, and I get to check out the neighborhood. The house directly behind ours got new landscaping this week. The couple who live there are older, and not getting around like they used to, so this will be much easier for them to care for. OR, their family could be arranging other living quarters for them, and getting ready to sell the house. We'll see.

Had my annual physical this week. Not my favorite thing to do, but I did it anyway... now I just have to go in for the blood tests and schedule that mammogram. Doctor visits are not my favorite thing (my mom taught me well on this). I've been fortunate to have been healthy and I haven't had to spend much time in the hospital, but I've also been negligent on health issues, and I'm trying to be better about them.

Made it to the farmer's market on Wednesday and picked up tomatoes, cantaloupe and a few onions. Made one of the best bacon & tomato sandwiches ever for lunch today. mmmmmmm

No comments: