Wednesday, July 30, 2008

school again?!?

Yes, tomorrow is the official first day for the teachers. I was at the school some today, for 9th grade orientation, and there were quite a few people there setting up their classrooms, checking out what others did for their vacations, etc. I did some training on one of the computer programs in the afternoon. Our students start on Monday. The first few days are the most difficult for me, then once the routine is established, its not so hard to get there. I suppose it helps that I do like my job, and the students I work with.

On another front, the "when not if" of diabetes has arrived for me. My blood sugar levels were high (not catastrophically so, thank goodness) when I had my lab tests this year for my annual physical. So we'll start with controlling it by diet, which I was able to do when I was pregnant, so I am optimistic. My levels for indicators for arthritis were higher than last year too, and of course I already know my knee and ankle aren't always happy campers. Ah the joys of living and growing older...

No comments: