Wednesday, July 2, 2008

speaking of travel

I will be traveling to Tucson for a few days to visit my friend Steph and her family. Steph has been my friend for a long while, now. Since our senior year in high school, when she happened to be "the new kid in school" (a real drag your senior year) and sat next to me in science class. We held a running commentary on and in that science class and others, which kept the two of us entertained. We've been through happiness and heartaches, encouraged each other through bad times and we've been mad at each other and gotten over it. Now we help each other get through the demands of "being an adult" in the modern world. Visiting with Steph and her family is always a break from the world, even though the chores still gotta get done. With the right staff, she and I could solve the problems of the world... or give it a good go.

Raine will get to play with Steph's kids, swim in their pool and maybe even (if she's brave enough) ride their pony (who loves kids - and not in the "for breakfast" way). She will be thrilled to be able to have something to do the whole time... even being bored when Steph's girls say they are... AND all that keeping up with the other kids will keep my girl exhausted. You know, I think that is how my mom chose OUR summer activities when we were growing up... nope, nope, too restful... ahhhh, yes, THAT ought to wear them out!

So, if you don't hear from me for a few days, don't get too worried, I'll be back. I might even post while I'm gone, just to surprise you... in the meantime, think of something good to do!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Have fun in Tucson!