Friday, July 25, 2008

walking in the neighborhood

I did well today with some lifestyle choices. That's one day in a row. I realize that I have to do this one day at a time, until it just seems second nature, but still, it would be a good feeling to be able to string a few days together. If I can keep my goals in mind, and what they mean to me, perhaps I can do a little better.

Raine and I went walking today too... I got to meet one of my neighbors from over the back fence. The people directly behind me got new landscaping. They are rather elderly, and this landscaping is very easy care, but I was concerned that they would be moving. This neighbor said that they were staying put, but couldn't take care of it like they used to. She was very nice, and we talked a bit while Raine played with her great grand-daughter. She said that she had been in her house since it was new... and said her original payments on the house were $80 per month! Can you imagine that? Anyway, we had a nice little visit. I've met three of my neighbors this summer, which is cool. It wasn't even something I set out to do, but I probably should have.

No comments: