Saturday, May 16, 2009

and then...

Isn't Saturday our normal gaming night? Well, yes. Yes, it is. To err on the side of friendly non-contagiousness, we stayed home this evening. There is no reason to pass along the stomach flu when you just don't have to. Just in case Ron or Raine were in the "I'm still feeling fine" phase before all hell breaks loose. Which is usually when one is contagious.

It was nice to get some WoW time in, and we watched a movie. A much better movie, tonight. We picked up a fourpack of Clint Eastwood classics from the 70's. Tonight we watched the Eiger Sanction. Oh, sure, the huge glasses were distracting, and there were cliche's. Still it managed to be an enjoyable thriller. Some murder, some spy doublecross, some mountain climbing. There were even some bare breasts. Did I mention mountain climbing?

And there is a sport, isn't it. Not one I would pursue, I think, although the scenery is spectacular. Its a lot of work to climb all that way, and I suppose the challenge is a worthy one to those who take it on. For me, I'm afraid the challenge of climbing up would be followed by the PIA of climbing back down. Not that I would get on some of those ledges and edges to begin with, for that kind of heights are not my friend.

So anyway, another Saturday night, another movie.

No comments: