Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sackboy #3

He's well underway, and will be my most complex sackboy yet. For one thing, he is the open mouth model, with tongue. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that already. I ended up redoing the "lips" stitching around the mouth to match the head color, and that is much better. The tongue is in place as well, and that helps too. This sackboy is also going to have clothes, so I'm experimenting with how those will look. Not sure I have the pants right, yet, but we'll see. As you can tell, I'm still working on some of the details, but he's coming together... so to speak. Meaning that I'm not actually ready to put him together and take pictures. I thought I would tease you instead.

First, of course I though of doing the Sackboyship of the Rings, and any number of fantasy characters. Harry and his crew would work, too... but Carl inspired me with the idea of this guy. Yep, you can blame Carl. Fran, he also suggested some that were geared toward your love of mysteries, and your workplace. Some of them could happen, and they would be quite amusing, I think. Since I'm still experimenting, though, they are just going to have to come along later.

My current sackboy project is based on a character from a TV show. One from a while back. Farther.... no, wait, not quite that far.... OK, a hint. 70's. Cop show. That's all I'm giving because then the guess will be too easy. When he's got his dark, curly hair, and his sweater (oops, more clues) then I'll give you a preview. Maybe you can figure it out before then.

2 comments:

Fran said...

What great fun! Themed Sackboys!

My mind's a mess today (absolutely NO focus whatsoever. . .look! Something shiny!), but I'll consider the clues. All I can think of now is Father Dowling.

I can't wait to see pictures!

Dina said...

Father Dowling is not who I'm making. (I thought that show was more in the 80's). I hadn't even thought of him... COP show...lol