Wednesday, May 20, 2009

something not to do



I did something today that was good and bad, all at the same time. I took off a day from school for Raine's end of kindergarten presentation. Each of the kindergarten classes sang a couple of songs, then they sang a couple all together. Then, they handed out certificates to all the kids. Since I didn't have students who needed to test today, in fact, I didn't have any classes meeting today, I asked for - and got - permission to go see it. All for the good. Is there anything much cuter than a group of 6 year olds singing and dancing? Not much!

Now for the bad. I still have to go back to work for Two. Days. gah. It was such a lovely preview of coming summer today, that I am going to have a very hard time being there tomorrow. I'm just done. Now. Yet, I still have work to do. I have a test to administer, and grade. Grades to average and turn in. A classroom to put in order for the summer. It won't be so bad once I'm there, I'm sure. And I know there are those of you who won't feel a bit sorry for me and my impending summer vacation. So here are pictures, and I'll quit whining.

2 comments:

Fran said...

She's just adorable! But you knew that.

And yes, on behalf of those of us who have to work all summer, may I just say. . ."TTTHHHPPPTTTTHHH".

Enjoy it! You've earned the time off, my friend!

Unknown said...

Isn't she just adorable.

just RUUUUUBBBBBBBBBB it in, I get no real vacations, I never have enough PTO to do anything, and the summer months is when we get slammed even more. We had a slow week back in 2007.