Wednesday, May 6, 2009

what to do, what to do

Two more weeks of school. What? counting down? who, me?

Speaking of counting I thought instead of talking about what is stressing me know, I would talk about what is getting me through that stress... the things I am looking forward to this summer.
Here's my top ten list of summer activities for this year.

10. Finish my patio. Gravel and brick, right out the french windows/door of my bedroom. Add some patio furniture and set up my patio fireplace for next cold season.

9. Road trip. I want to go somewhere. I have relatives who have never gotten to meet Raine, and I would love to go visit for a short time. I may have to content myself with a trip to Tucson.

8. Visit my friends in Tucson. A visit with Steph is good for my soul. That's what close friends are for.

7. Sewing. Yep. Imagine that. What a surprise. I should probably include doing crafts in general here.

6. Make the workbench in the craftroom actually usable as a workbench. Its been storage since we moved stuff in there. The items have gotten less dense, but it still needs serious, dedicated attention and a twitchy, obsessed organizer. (that may or may not be me... twitch, twitch)

5. Reorganize my side of the bedroom. NO MORE PILES of STUFF! at least not in front of the door to the patio...

4. Read. Read. Read. for entertainment.

3. Go camping. This one is high on the list, but may be out of reach this summer. I just don't have all the stuff for it any more. What's more, as much as I want to spend money on outfitting for it, I don't know that I can justify it to myself right now. Still, it IS on the list, and it could happen.

2. Write. More. Spend some time every day putting word onto paper. I don't just mean blogging, but that is included, and certainly helped me in developing a habit that I want to continue to grow.

1. Spend time with Raine. Did you think I would miss this one? OF course not. We'll work on her room. We'll read. Do swimming lessons. Read some more. Practice some math. Pull weeds in the yard. Go for walks. Read again. You know. All the best summer stuff.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Your summer is going to FLY by! Enjoy each and every day, Lady. You deserve it!