Sunday, May 3, 2009

busy but good, mostly

We saw Battle for Terra, in 3D. I was pleasantly, surprised by this animated film. There was no gratuitous shoving of things in your face, while the layers of snow falling were beautifully done. The three dimensional effects were perfect for the flying, and space of course, things one does in three dimensions. The plot? well, it was OK. Terra is - of course - NOT earth...even though we call earth Terra... you know, as in terrestrial, or terraform... Why would we call a new world Terra? Ok, its just me. Still, it was quite an entertaining movie.

We also took apart a trampoline today, it is going from my step-mother's yard to the yard of Raine's friend. It probably took longer to take it down than it did to put it up, to begin with. I didn't really want it in my yard, but Raine loves to jump on it. So, why didn't I want it here? Well, if she could use it anytime she wanted, soon she wouldn't want to. If it is something she gets to use on occasion? Yeah, she'll enjoy it a whole lot longer.

Know what else we did this weekend? We turned on the air conditioner. Yep, May 2nd. We've had temperatures in the 90's already, and it was really not pleasant in the house on Saturday. Everyone did a little WOo Hoo! when we turned it on, and I'll be happily cool until the electric bill comes again. Sigh.

Not so good part? My step mother is back in the hospital again already. In ICU again, on very strong antibiotics, again. She sounded better today than she did yesterday, so that was good.

No comments: