Monday, May 18, 2009

x-files

Somewhere along the line, Sam's carried the X-Files series. They weren't outrageously expensive, and we ended up with all 9 seasons. Ron has been watching them all, disk by disk, season by season. I've caught episodes here and there, and I've enjoyed them. The series has aged better than you might think it would, actually, and that is nice.

Another reason I've really enjoyed watching them is all the guest stars in them. I don't know why I didn't notice all these people the first time around. Well, I did notice some of them. Some of them - like Adam Baldwin, who later played in Firefly - I didn't know yet. Truth is, during the time that X-files originally aired, I was not a big TV watcher, so, if I caught an episode, fine, if not, also fine. Many of the episodes are new to me, so many of the cool guest stars are too. I've enjoyed seeing these actors playing straight men, like Carey Elwes in the episode we watched tonight, or someone strange. The actors seem to be enjoying their roles, too.

Ron opened up season 9 this evening, so he's almost all the way through, and then, in a few months, he'll be ready to sit through one occasionally again.

No comments: