Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

To my friends and relations who are mothers, today is that day. Hope you were remembered well by your children. Spouses who appreciate what you've done as a mom are nice, too.

My Sunday was spent much as usual, shopping, laundry watering the yard. Nothing exciting there. Still, I can appreciate the quiet non-drama of a day like this, and I do.

Raine got to play in the sprinklers today. The first time of the season. She got to try out her new "babin" suit. One of them, anyway. I thought she might outgrow the one from last year, so we got one at the end of the season when they were on sale last fall. Sure enough, it fits her fine. Not so many of her favorite T-shirts, though. Not sure if I'll be able to cull them while she's watching, though. She has a hard time letting go. No idea where she gets that from. Nope. None. Still, her stuff, and her room will be about the first organization project this summer... just 2 more weeks! Dang, that long???

So, anyway, I happy Mother's Day to those who wish to accept the sentiment... Enjoy your day. Enjoy your children. Enjoy your parents.

1 comment:

Fran said...

And a Happy Mother's Day to you as well! It sounds perfectly lovely, honestly.