Monday, May 25, 2009

getting out more

Blogging has made me realize something. I've realized it slowly, over time. The realization doesn't mean I'm unhappy with my life, or that I'm going to change it. Well, at least not much.

I've realized I don't get out much, do I... I know that should probably be more of a "well, duh" moment, instead of an "aha" one. I'm basically a friendly person, but making friends can be a lot of work. I had a pretty good circle of friends in the SCA, and I loved them, but they've scattered, and moved on, as I have. It's just what happens in life. It took me a while to build those friendships, though, and thinking about being active in the SCA again and starting over is just, well, daunting. I did surprise myself with some new friends at work this year, however. That has been nice. Crafting together makes a good basis to discover other common interests.

Of course I have much more of a focus here at home, with Raine, and Ron, these days. I've enjoyed that, too. I don't want to give it up, or leave them out, etc. And now, with school, Raine is old enough to develop friends and activities that I will need to enable her to do. At least some of, anyway.

We haven't travelled much these past few years, either. About the best we've managed is Ruidoso for a couple of weekends, and Tucson. Oh, yeah, Albuquerque, too, but Ron's sister has moved back to NC, now. I love to travel, so I'm hoping we will manage a little more of it. I've suggested to my family a couple of reasons, and places to go, but we haven't managed any of those yet.

So, what does this have to do with blogging? Well, it makes my public journal have rather a limited scope, in some ways. Especially now that I've been doing it a while. Now, I have to admit that in a certain sense, I've planned it that way, making it my "to-do" list. Still, there are times when I feel I might be rehashing a rehash of a topic that I've already done too many times. Now, THAT could be a problem. It's also a challenge. Ok, avoiding it is the challenge. SO, I'm conciously trying to take up that challenge. It's what to do.

No comments: