Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

My first post of the New Year. I hope everyone as a happy one. Better than last year, even if last year was a good one, but especially if it wasn't.

Winter vacation draws to a close. Sigh. I know I shouldn't complain, as I've had a nice one, and many, many people don't get one. Still, as with all good things, I hate to see it end.

I get to go sew with Roxanne, tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that as much as always, maybe even more than sometimes as I've had to miss a couple of weeks, and miss it I do. We worked on stuffed rocking horses as Christmas gifts, although we didn't get as many completed as we had hoped, since we started on them later than we should have. They are all sewn now, although they still need to be stuffed and put together. If I can get the camera packed, I'll take a picture of one or more. I don't know that we will work on them too much tomorrow, though. I really want to work on one of the tops I've cut out. Carl gave me some good Gingher scissors for Christmas, and man, are they nice. I've had a pair for a while, but a different style, and the new ones are the right heft and weight, and I really like them. Being new and sharp and all doesn't hurt either.

I think I figured out what to do with my Christmas money, too. What's left of it anyway... We have been talking about getting security screen doors for the house. In the summer time, when the nights cool off nicely, we can open them up and get a breeze through the house and not have to run the A/C all night long. Hopefully cut down on some of those bills. I don't have enough to cover more than one, right now, but that is a start, and I'm happy with it. I've got to talk to Ron about the installation issue. I'm not sure whether I have enough to cover that or not. Hmmmm, maybe if I offer to take him to dinner he wouldn't mind too much... or maybe an new shirt?

Anyway, Happy New Year. May your to-do list be filled with things you will be happy to complete, feel a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment doing, and that you can honestly anticipate beginning, working on and achieving.

No comments: