Thursday, January 7, 2010

inspiration goes where?

Yes, I have an itch to create, and I know I put my ideas somewhere... I could find them, I know, even though the craft room is a wreck, but... sigh. I have to go to work tomorrow.

Fortunately, the next day is Saturday, and we all know what that means, right? Sewing with Roxanne. THIS time, I'm ready with tops already cut out and ready to stitch. Maybe we can get a couple done, or close to it... all but the button holes and buttons or something. Woot! That would be great.

Still I've been feeling that need to be crafty. I think it is a winter thing. When I sit in front of the television, I should have my lap covered by an afgan. Preferably one I am making, so that when the cold weather is over, I can wrap it up and give it to someone and not have to look at it again for a very long time. Maybe by then I'll think it looks ok again... Wait, is that a terrible thing to think? Does that mean my color combination choices leave something to be desired? Hmmmm.... I never thought about it in just that way before. Maybe. Still.

Sometimes I think my taste is all in my mouth but my fingers say "make something!!!" all the time. Lately I've had a creative itch that I just haven't been able to really scratch. Maybe some sewing would help that, and some creative stitchery experimentation. I wouldn't mind knitting or crocheting something, but.... I dunno what. Like my inspiration is doing that thing where the word you want is right on the tip of your tongue.... but you can't find it. Yikes... so now my inspiration is in my mouth... with my taste (?)

No comments: