Thursday, January 21, 2010

library

A friend of mine reminded me of something. I asked her what she was reading, and she mentioned that she had recently picked up a novel by Janet Evanovich. I've looked at her series, but I've not read any of them. Yet. My friend said that they were pretty amusing, and I've liked other books that she's liked, so I'll probably pick some up and try them out.

She mentioned that she really enjoyed how the reader of the audio book brought the characters to life. Audio book! I love audio books! It has been a while since I've listened to any, but the public library in Colorado Springs had a really nice selection, and I listened to quite a few. I know there are books that I've enjoyed much more by listening to them than I would have reading them, and we all know I love to read.

Our public library is not as well stocked (or as large) as the one in Colorado Springs, but I know they do carry audio books. I think it's time to make sure my library card is up to date.

Oh, yes, and since I'm talking about books... YES, Fran, book review posts would be lovely!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Then I'll certainly consider it.

The Evanovichs are funny, but you need to read the Stephanie Plum ones (not the other series, trust me here), and you need to read them in order.

Fortunately it's an easy order to figure out.