Monday, January 11, 2010

sewing from saturday

Since I had so much cut out, we got a good bit of sewing done last Saturday. Two pair of pants, one for me and another for Roxanne, trying out a new pattern on both pair. This pattern has a seam in the front and back of the legs, as well as on the sides. This allows for a better fitting pair of pants, and after we have worn them a time or two, we'll let you know whether we like them or not. Initial reports are good, however.

We also sewed up a top that Ron's mother had requested, a white tunic top. I have to admit a fondness for tone on tone, and the tiny white leaves on the white fabric create interest on what would otherwise just by a white top. I sure hope it fits her well.

There are still about 6 tops and another pair of pants in the basket, so we have plenty for next weekend, too, I think. Sorry all, I didn't get photos, although I did remember to take the camera. We got rather sidetracked at the end of our afternoon with Candice, Roxanne's niece, who has asked us to make her wedding dress for her. She brought patterns that she liked, and we discussed the possibilities. Now we just have to put her on a schedule, so we can get done on time. Unlike most people (me included) Roxanne is a planner, and a she will help us get it started early and done in plenty of time.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Seams on the front and back of the pants legs? I can see how they would fit better, but I'm curious about how sitting on the seams feels. Interesting!

I think you two would make a fabulous wedding dress! What an amazing project!