Monday, January 4, 2010

one on me

So the addition to my personal to-do list today is: pay attention.

We went back to school today for our day of meetings. I help present in the morning, and that went pretty well. Then lunch, and our afternoon meetings. The first one went well, then our group had a break before our next meeting. THEN, a second meeting got postponed. That meant a decent block of time for planning and preparation before the last meeting.

So, I did that. I got out the text book, and looked through The Odyssey to plan a word wall, think about how to divide up the first part, then the second part, then... well I went to visit with another teacher for a few minutes on the topic, then back to my room and working on the drama unit.

All the time, I was glancing at my clock, waiting for time for that last meeting. Finally, I figured out something... the hallway was quiet. The teacher that I had talked to earlier - and was in the same group as me - wasn't in her room any more... what the? The clock said 12:45... hmmmm suspicion started to bloom. I made my way around the construction to the meeting room to find everything being closed up. DOH! The clock in my room was wrong! No wonder I was getting so much done so "fast." Well, fortunately I had previously had the information given in that meeting, but really, sometimes I wonder about my own perception...

No comments: