Sunday, January 3, 2010

resolutions

It is that time of year. Do you make them? I don't. Not really. Not any more than any other time of the year, at least. Still, the self reflection one might do in preparation for those resolutions might be healthy (in moderation).

In 2009, I continued on my journey of eating better. I lost a little weight, not a bunch. Not as much as a could stand to loose, but still, some. I've made healthier choices, but still have room to grow there. In 2010, I want to move. No, I don't mean households, I mean move my body. Exercise more. Move it so I don't loose it, ya know...

We have not been good about keeping in touch with family. Oh, sure, the ones in town are pretty easy. I get to sew with Roxanne almost every Saturday. The other ones, though, aren't as easy. Facebook helps some, actually... We did go to Wichita Falls for the 4th of July. It was a good trip, and we enjoyed it. I took Raine to see her grandparents. That was a good trip, too. (next time i want my sewing machine, darn it!) We talked about sending her during the summer again. I hope it can happen. I also want to visit my mom's family in Houston. I haven't been there in more than 10 years. Its time. Our plan is for spring break. Better connections.

Finally (back to the sewing) I feel like I got better at it. I learned to use my serger (yay) and I'm looking forward to more next year. I'd like to get better at fitting garments. That tailored look. (what, and I'll actually wear that??? dunno, maybe) I have a book with all kinds of things you can do with a serger. I need to go beyond the seam. Then, we also have a new machine to experiment with. An embroidery machine. The possibilities expand, and keep expanding. It's good for the creativity. It's good for the soul.

So, here are my resolutions, such as they are. Move, connect, create. Live, love, learn. Hopeful beginnings, my friends, keep to the path, find your path.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not big on resolutions. I never keep 'em. But I seriously admire people who can!

Changes for the positive, that's a good thing, and I know you'll do wonderful things, Sweetie!