Tuesday, June 3, 2008

being thankful

I had kind of a close call the other day, and reading Fran's blog reminded me of it. I was driving on Triviz (one of the streets Fran lived on while here - one she talked about, but didn't name) and a driver going the other way was slowing down, with his blinker on, to make a left turn. As I passed that truck, I noticed that the truck behind him was following pretty close, hmmm maybe too close. As I passed the second truck, I heard the crash. I don't think it was a bad accident, as neither vehicle was going very fast, but the first truck was pushed across the lane of traffic that I was in. Behind me, fortunately... there but for grace... You know what I mean?

Well, I did go on my merry way, picking up my brother from his appointment. I was thankful though. Thankful to be missed. Thankful that I didn't have to worry about fixing my car, and even more thankful not to have to worry about fixing my body... at least from that.

Then, Monday morning, I realized that I had forgotten to go get my license renewed the week before. OOoopps! Doh! (all of those things). So then I could have gotten a ticket the week before for my license as well, maybe. One more thing to be thankful for! Thankful for remembering too, by the way, and taking care of THAT right away. Thankful for MVD Express, too by the way, extra fees, but well worth not having to wait so long.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Triviz is one of those streets where everything can and does happen. I really enjoyed living there because it was always interesting, but it had dangerous moments as well.

It's a sad commentary, but there are times when I miss the New Mexico DMV, despite my rant last year (or was it the year before?). There's a lot there to be admired.

I'm glad you were safe, though!

Unknown said...

Living near Solano, we hear quite a bit os squeels and metal hitting metal. In one of these accidents, we actually had building debris in our backyard. (We are about 50 feet from the Solano with a dirt lot, the street and a little parking area between us and the accident). People around here just can't drive.