Monday, June 23, 2008

finances???

Where do those of us go for financial advise who don't have a lot of money? I mean, I do need information, and help. I suck at finances. But, I don't want someone to just try and sell me investments, or insurance, or really, anything. I need to know what papers to keep, what to get rid of... I mean I know, save your tax returns for 7 years. But, what else?

How much do these people get paid? How do you choose a good financial adviser?

I don't have enough money for anyone to slaver over, and I never will. My parents were not good examples of fiscal know-how. They were financially responsible, paid their bills, worked for their livings, etc. They taught us very little. Pretty much, I think they really didn't know much to teach us. Savings, budget, investments... if they had those, they didn't share their knowledge of how to pick, how to arrange, how to make them work.

I just know that paying the bills puts me - like it did my mom - in a really bad mood.

No comments: