Friday, June 6, 2008

lord of the rings online

In which I feel like a total goob.

I know I have mentioned that I like playing massively multiplayer online games. I met Ron while we were both playing one of them. I've played several, always at a touristy kind of level. I'm not a twitch gamer, I don't do PvP. When I was in Denver, and pregnant with Raine, Ron fixed up his recliner so I could sit in it with my feet up and play a little while. Of course every time I got comfy in the recliner, I fell asleep. He offered to level up my character for me, so we would be near the same level, but I found that without gaining the experience myself, I didn't know what new skills were brought by the new levels, and I didn't get to practice using them... so it didn't really work out.

Right now, we are kind of between games. Well, I should say that I am between games. Ron and I played a little City of Villains, which was fun to a point. The character generation in CoV is GREAT. The missions tend to be monotonous after a while. Same old, same old. SOOoo Carl talked us into playing Lord of the Rings Online, and he and Ron play quite a bit of it. Carl also plays World of Warcraft, which Ron just got really tired of. Me? Well, it seems like there is always something else that needs to be done around the house; childcare, dishes, organizing, crafts, yard work. As I said, I pretty much play at a touristy level, and stuff takes my attention away from the game frequently, like Raine, or needing to pee, or something shiny... Then the rest of the group moves on without me, and I die and well... So playing Lord of the Rings is kind of frustrating and I feel pretty useless with my character. Not as much fun as feeling needed. So, I don't know about this game. The gamescape is pretty, the characters are as good as any, and I guess the skills are OK, unless you're a noob like me. Mostly it is the exploration that I miss... I never really get to learn my way around.

Well, enough of this semi-complaining... That really wasn't the point of the post. I just was kind of writing about how sometimes you just gotta suck it up. And then wait for something better to come along. Or something like that.

No comments: