Saturday, June 14, 2008

I wanted

to show everyone the outfit I finished today. My latest sewing project. The thing is, I didn't finish it. I got a lot done on it. The dress is a simple A-line, and I still need to put in the hem. It doesn't even have sleeves, although you still have to finish the arm holes, so there is facing around the arm holes and the neck line. I don't mind doing facings. In fact, sleeves are about the most annoying, and they aren't much. Actually the MOST annoying thing is cutting something out. Once that is done, the rest is cake.

The rest of this outfit is a short sleeved jacket. Even in the winter around here, I don't do much long sleeved anything. The jacket needs more work, finishing the sleeves, and putting in the hem. Both the dress and the jacket are of the same fabric, and the pattern shows putting braid about an inch and a half above the hem of the jacket, and around the sleeves. I got a machine that would do decorative stitching, so I could do that instead of adding trims, which I can never seem to have patience for putting on well. I have to do a little experimentation to see what stitch - if any - to add to both garments.

If I can get it finished tomorrow, I'll post a picture of the finished outfit, like I wanted to for today.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Can't wait to see them! I bet they're fine!