Monday, June 9, 2008

movies and kids

I took my daughter and her bestest friend to a movie today. Of course it was Kung Fu Panda and they really enjoyed it. We got some popcorn and a bottle of water and they got to pick the seats. We were the first ones in the theater, so they REALLY got to pick their seats. It was almost the first seats they came to (it was all by itself, to allow room for a wheelchair). So, we sat allll the way back at the top of the theater. I started to push them further in, somewhere in the middle, which is where I generally like to go, but I thought, "hey, let them sit where they want, it's their outing. I'm just along for the ride (driving?)." They sat quietly through the entire movie, watching it and sharing popcorn.

Anyway, this may not be Dreamworks best offering ever, but the story (while predictable) was satisfying, the voice talent good, the timing was also good, and the movie was just about the right length. I was very entertained, and the message (I hope this isn't a spoiler for anyone) was a positive, believe in yourself type of message. Plus, it had all kinds of martial arts action, even some of that very stylistic stop action stuff, and it was all G rated, and still looked nice. The kids came out of the theater wanting to try out their martial arts moves, but were persuaded that it should wait until later.

A good time was had by all, and I would recommend this movie as good summer theater kid fare.

No comments: