Monday, June 2, 2008

dinner and...

Just so you know... the potato salad was awesome. Really yummy, and yes, I put the pickles into the pan with the onion and celery. We had bacon sandwiches with it for dinner. Yummy again. It will probably be even better tomorrow as all the flavors will have had even more time to meld together.

My daughter has a hard time with things like Potato salad and Chicken salad. To her, salad has lettuce in it - or SOME kind of leafy green - which she has still decided not to like. So I think she has identified those leafy greens to BE the salad... and she sees potato salad and asks where the salad is. The conversation kind of goes around in a circle. This is potato salad. But where is the salad? Potato salad doesn't have lettuce in it, it has potatoes, and other yummy stuff. Do I like potato salad? You like potatoes, don't you? Yes, but I don't like salad, is there salad in it? Its called potato salad.... I think you can get the idea from there.

We are going to try a Reuben casserole recipe some time this week. Mmmmm It sounded good when a friend of mine talked about it, and so, since we like sauerkraut, we are going to try this casserole. Try new things, but keep the tried and true... my to-do for the day.

No comments: