Thursday, June 12, 2008

staying up late

I'm not a night owl, I'm really not. Still, on these summer vacations, I find myself up later and later. It's cooler, it's quieter, and the alarm doesn't go off at 6 AM. It must be Carl's fault. yeah. sure. A couple of nights this week I've walked into the living room, and he has some movie or another on, thanks to the Encore channel or something, and we sit there through the thing. Sometimes it's a bad movie, like Prelude to a Kiss (there is just so much Meg Ryan being adorable that I can take). Tonight's movie was better. Vacation, with Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, and Jack Black, among others. One of the high points of the movie is that Eli Wallach (doubt I got it spelled right) is in it.

Other nights, its a book that keeps me up. Right now I'm reading White Night by Jim Butcher. It's the series of books that inspired the television series. I can't tell you how they compare, because I never watched the series, although I probably would have enjoyed it. I never knew when it was on. I caught a glimpse of one of Butcher's books at a friend's house, and asked if I could borrow it. She was nice enough to gather up all that they could find of the series so I could read them. I picked one at random, and, so far so good! Finished reading one of Lawrence Block's assassin books, which I enjoyed as well.

You know, it's late now, in fact. And here I am blogging away. I know late like this is not my best time for thinking clearly, nor probably for writing, but here I am, typing away. You would think I could manage posting something a little earlier, when I would make more sense, but evidently not. In any case, it is off to sleep for me now.

No comments: