Saturday, June 28, 2008

high cost of energy

I opened my electric bill for June today. Let me just say, "YIKES!" and " Owie!" Almost twice the amount from the month before. Yes I know, I know. Time to conserve and all that. Yes, I do think it is a good idea - a great idea in fact. Yes, we have the refrigerated air now, and I know that costs more (but a jump of almost double in one month?). The weather has been hot, too (but a jump of almost double in one month?). And fuel prices are rising like crazy, if it costs more to drive, of course it will cost more to stay home, too (but a jump of...? well, you get the idea...).

Time for lights out, and computers off, not to mention the TV and other juice sippers. Yes, its green. Yes, its good for the environment, and ultimately good for me as well. And less ultimate all the time it would seem. Where is that wind turbine? I think I need one... or maybe two.

At any rate, here's the post, and the computer's going off for the night (angst). Ahh, but there will be more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Fran said...

You have our deepest sympathy! We watch what we do, we turn off lights when we're not in rooms -- and frequently when we are -- we try to run the dishwasher after 11 p.m., only full loads of clothes in the washer and dryer, and we ride the bus. A lot.

Utilities here are just as bad as I remember them being down there, and there's a recycling fee, and recycling is mandatory. So.

Now is when you decide to catch up on all that reading you meant to do. By a fluorescent light, of course!