Sunday, June 8, 2008

not sewing

But, getting ready to sew. I cut out a dress and matching jacket today. Blue fabric, almost sky blue, and it has an all over stitched design of leaves, almost like eyelet, but with no holes. I really like eyelet, but I don't intentionally wear holes, usually... hey! don't look in that hole! I have a khaki piece that I want to cut a pair of pants out of, and shorts too if there is enough. I want to sew up the other pants I have cut out though, and wear them to see if I like that pattern or should try a different one. I cut out some shorts for Raine and a top for me a couple of days ago. I'm not really one for camouflage, but this is dinosaur shapes, and Raine wanted a whole wardrobe from it. She'll have to settle for shorts, I think. I even have some coffee bean fabric that I have for Carl a shirt. Maybe I'll even get that cut out.

OK, honestly, for those who don't know (although the people who mostly read this blog already do know), I have tubs and boxes and crates of fabric. Some of it came from my mom's stash (and she's been gone more than 10 years now), some of it was passed along from friends for one reason or another, and most of it I bought at some time or another. I know there are people who have more fabric than I do, but... I could clothe my family for years without buying anything but thread, probably.

Speaking of clothing, and sewing, though. My friend who does so much sewing is thinking of sewing up some of her smaller pieces and donating clothing. I love that, and have some pieces that I've been saving for just such an occasion. I think I may even call the place and see if there is anyone in particular need, and what size... We might could get some start to school wardrobes ready for them.

No comments: